Friday, October 5, 2012

First blog ever.. Cute diaper holder

Hello all this will be my first ever blog, I will be posting lots of different stuff on here but I thought the first thing I would start with will be something I made recently that has helped me around the house. I am the type of person who likes everything pretty much perfect which is sooo hard when you have a (almost) 2 year old daughter running around tearing apart everything. I hate going to the bedroom to change her diapers and well when she's gone number 2 sometimes you just don't have time to run her into the other room. I keep my diapers and wipes in the living room the only problem is my daughter, Zoe, tears them out from where ever I have them hiding and they end up all over the floor. I can't tell you how crazy it makes me. I would stack them on the TV stand so she couldn't reach them but they just looked so ugly and out of place so here's what I came up with.



After my wild daughter had gone to bed one night and I was grabbing the last soda out of a 12 pack container (which is funny because we rarely have soda in the house) I came up with this idea. I took the 12 pack soda box and started with tissue paper and either scotch tape or a glue gun (depending on what you have and how dangerous you are lol) and wrap the box similar to a present. Once its neat and covered start to embellish it with small fake flowers (jewels, ribbons, whatever you want). Everything I used (besides the box) was from the dollar store and cost me nearly nothing. I love it and now I'm not so embarrassed to set that on the table in the living room.

2 comments: