Monday, October 8, 2012

Creamy chicken pasta

Alright so this is whats for dinner tonight it's another recipe I found on pinterest that I wanted to try out. I followed it to the original site of course and it took me to http://www.kayotic.nl/blog it sounded easy and yummy so I added it to my weekly menu. I made it the first time and it was good but I played with it as usual and adapted it to our tastes and here's my version.

This is what you'll need

1 pound spaghetti
4 chicken breasts
1 large onion
7 oz mushrooms
2 cans concentrated cream of mushroom soup ( I used Campbell’s)
6 slices bacon
2/3 cup cheese
1 apple (I used red for a little added sweetness but whatever kind you want is fine)
salt & pepper
dried parsley (optional)


This feeds 8-10 people alone and if you serve more with it like
salad and bread it could easily serve 10-12 people.


Alright so I started out by putting my bacon in the pan and letting it go. While the bacon was crisping and making my house smell delicious I minced my onion and put salt and pepper on my chicken. Once the bacon was done I put it on a plate with paper towels to dry. I put the chicken in the same pan I had the bacon leave the bacon juices for flavor. I really only browned the chicken it doesn't need to cook all the way through that will come later.
 

Once the chicken has some brown on it put it in a pan and set aside.


Sorry for the blurry picture I'm not sure how that happened lol.

Okay so now that the chicken is set aside you should still have plenty of bacon grease to toss the minced onion in. While the onion is caramelizing go ahead and peel and mince the apple and roughly chop the mushrooms. Once the onion is done add in the mushrooms and apple. Let them all cook and let all the flavors come together. While they're cooking you want to preheat your oven to 350 degrees.





Mmm yes its yummy!! Once that is done add your cans of soup in. I know that when you usually use the soup you add a little water to it to thin it out a bit but with the left over bacon grease and the juices from the onion and apple you shouldn't have to.






Mix it all well and let it come back up in heat until it's nice and bubbly. Next you add in your cheese and mix well. Now before you get ahead of yourself and pour it over the chicken give it a quick taste to make sure it has enough flavor. If need add some salt and pepper to taste. Once you're satisfied go ahead and pour it over the chicken.







Slide this into your preheated oven and it should take about 30 minutes to cook the chicken all the way through. In the last ten minutes or so put your pasta in your boiling water and cook by directions on the package. Once the spaghetti is done cooking drain, obviously, and take your chicken out of the sauce and set aside. Mix the sauce in with the spaghetti serve and top with the chicken and sprinkle of parsley. Yum!!






No comments:

Post a Comment