Friday, October 5, 2012

My first shadow box

Okay so I love Zoe's first shirt, hat, binky and blanket from the hospital and I've kept them along with my bracelet, and the little card in her crib. I treasure these things but as my loving fiance pointed out the clothes take up space and the card was on the verge of getting trashed since I didn't have a special place for it. So I started at looking at the prices of shadow boxes and I found one at Michael's that happened to be on sale for $16.99, score!





So after buying the shadow box I lined the back of it with the things I already had. Her blanket from the hospital and her favorite receiving blanket. Next I laid down her shirt, hat and binky. I also pulled out her crib card and what was left of my bracelet lining it all up with a picture of her in the hospital. Once I could see how much room I had I went out and bought a few decorations.




I started by finding a wooden block letter a "Z" for Zoe and painted that. While my "Z" dried I added a few small embellishments the flower, and another crib card only because when I had her we hadn't come up with a name yet so it only had my name on it. I also glued a bow to the "Z" once it was dry and once everything was arranged the way I liked it, I used push pins to attach it all. If you put them in sideways and correctly they won't be seen. I think it's a great addition to our little crafty apartment. It's a forever keeper and a great reminder to our little princess's arrival onto this earth. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment