Friday, October 5, 2012

Smothered chicken burrito

So this is what's for dinner tonight. Smothered chicken burrito its soo yummy oh my gosh. I originally found this recipe on Pinterest and followed it to the original website to get the recipe instead of starring at the picture which was just making me hungry and it led me to Chef-in-training.com and it seemed easy enough so I added it to my weekly menu. I made it for the first time and the family LOVED it so I started to play with it a little like I do with everything and I adapted it to my families style. The original recipe was made with beef stew meat and as good as it was were a chicken family so tonight I made it with chicken and it was really good! Plus its soooo easy. Here we go

You will need-

4 chicken breasts
1 large can of red enchilada sauce
1 can of re-fried beans
6-8 burrito sized flour tortillas
2 large chicken bullion cubes
1 cup of cheddar cheese (or whatever you prefer)
This makes 6-8 burritos depending on how much you stuff in there lol


Fist I put the raw, thawed chicken into the crock pot and pour the red enchilada sauce over the chicken and toss in the bullion cubes. Let that go for about 5 hours or until the chicken is falling apart. There's no harm in stirring it once or twice :). Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Start warming the can of beans however you do it, I put it in a small saucepan with a small bit of water at the bottom. While the beans are heating take all of the chicken out of the sauce and finish shredding it. Pour a little bit of the sauce on the bottom of the pan just to keep everything moving smoothly. Grab the tortillas and spread a little of the re-fried beans on the tortilla and top with chicken, roll it up and keep going.

Sprinkle on the cheese and put it in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted. Yum
Top with a little bit of sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes or whatever you please. I know my crappy camera phone doesn't make this look nearly as good as it is but trust me this one is a keeper!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so Yummy! I must give it a try:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you it really is! My 2 year old even eats it and that's saying something! Lol

    ReplyDelete