Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pasta with cashew sauce

When I was younger my Mom used to make this pasta as a side dish, usually when we had company over, because it is sooo good and pretty cheap so it's easier to stretch. It has been a long time favorite for me so I knew once I started craving it a few weeks ago I had to get the recipe from her. I debated on when I should cook it and I knew last night was the perfect time. I was babysitting along with taking care of my own little trouble maker so I knew this dish that takes literally ten minutes would be perfect so I could get back to playing with the girls as fast as possible. Here we go.....


This is what you will need..

1lb box of spaghetti
1 cup of salted cashews (plus more for topping)
1/2 cup sesame oil
6 tbspns low sodium soy sauce
6 large cloves garlic
3 tbspns rice wine vinegar
2 tbspns sugar
1/2 water
1/2 cup chopped cilantro (optional)

This feeds about 6 people if that's all your feeding them if its a side dish it can be stretched even further


Alright so first start off by putting your spaghetti into your boiling salted water. While the spaghetti is cooking toss everything else but the water and cilantro into your food processor (if you don't have a food processor a blender will work too). Once everything is mixed together add little bits of the water until your sauce is at your desired thickness. Once your spaghetti is drained and cooked toss it with the sauce.








So I didn't add the cilantro but this would be the time to toss it in. Top with a few extra cashews and serve. Soooo yummy with a great Asian influenced nutty flavor. Plus come on how do you beat a ten minute dinner when it's this delish!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment