Sunday, October 7, 2012

Crockpot chicken cacciatore

Alright so this is what was for dinner last night. I was about to be running around all day cleaning the house for my brother in law and his family to come to town and did not want to have to cook that night too. I decided to put something in the crockpot early and not worry about it. That would be my favorite way to do it! This dish is so yummy and the chicken is sooo tender when its done you won't believe it!

So here's what you will need :)

4 chicken thighs (you're welcome to use breasts I just had thighs)
1 large can of diced tomatoes
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1/4 cup of sugar (white or brown whatever you have)
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups of rice (I used brown)
salt & pepper to taste
This will serve 4 people (and a two year old, just saying lol)


So I started off my day by dropping everything except the rice into the crockpot. Let that go on low for 4-5 hours, stirring every few hours. In between then I cleaned and Zoe and I painted our nails lol.



Once the chicken was done I set my crockpot to keep warm and started cooking the rice.


Once the rice is done take the chicken and the last bit of veggies out you dont want your plate to get too watery.



Be careful taking the chicken out because it will literally slide off of the bone. Mmm lol




Lay the rice down, then carefully place the chicken ontop and throw some veggies on there. Its done and so yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment