Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sloppy Joe Pizza

Yes, I realize sloppy joe pizza isn't the most appetizing name but I started out craving sloppy joes one night and my hubby really doesn't care for them so I started thinking of sneaky ways to get that yummy flavor into a dish and this is what I came up with. Surprise surprise he LOVES this pizza lol so here's how to make it.

What you will need..

Refrigerated pizza dough or how ever you prefer (I use the great value packets)
1 lb ground beef
1/4-1/2 cup of your favorite bbq sauce (I use Famous Dave's sweet & zesty )
4-5 tablespoons of your favorite spaghetti or marinara sauce (I use Hunt's zesty & spicy)
1- 1 1/2 cups cheese
garlic powder (optional)
oregano (optional)

This makes about 9-12 pieces of square pizza

Alright so the first thing I do is get my pizza dough ready. I've tried so many times to make my own dough but it has never come out correctly so now I use this...






You can find it at Wal-Mart and I use two packets. There's actually some pretty great things about this pizza dough #1. You just have to add hot water #2. They're 52 cents a piece! Yes 52 cents that's 1.04 before tax.. GREAT deal. So if you chose to use these you will need to add the hot water, mix and let sit for about ten minutes so the yeast can do its thing. While the dough is coming together go ahead and preheat your oven as per directions on your pizza dough. (Mine says 425 degrees). Do your thing with your dough whether you roll it out of the can or flour your counter and roll it out. Poke several holes with a fork around your dough so you don't get huge bubbles while its cooking. I like to take a small brush and brush olive oil all around the dough and the crust and sprinkling it with a little garlic powder and dried oregano but it's your choice. Go ahead and toss that in your preheated oven. Next you want to grab out a pan and put in your ground beef brown that and once its nice and brown drain it and put it back in the pan. Add your favorite bbq sauce and your favorite marinara sauce and mix it in. You want the mixture to be moist but not too runny basically like sloppy joes.





Yum okay by now your pizza should be nice and brown and as crispy as you like don't worry about it getting much more crispy when you put it back in. Go ahead and pour your beef mix right onto the crust and sprinkle that with your cheese.





Bake it for about 15 minutes until the cheese is nice and melted.






I like to drizzle a little more bbq sauce over the top and then let it cool, cut and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment